Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Real Thing Diner

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I was at IL Terrazzo Mall for the 30th Anniversary of the UP Statistical Society, which was being held at the Techno Wave Bar on the 3rd floor.  I didn't want to enter alone... most of the peeps there would be current members... and I was an alumnus... so I texted my batchmates to check who were already at the venue.  One of my batchmates, a founding member of StatSoc, texted that he was at The Real Thing Diner on the 2nd floor of IL Terrazzo, so I told him to stay put and I would just meet him there.

After exchanging pleasantries, I decided to order a meal for myself while waiting for the others.  I saw the special sign outside the diner and decided to order that...8 o'clock Chicken... I even asked the waiter if it was still available since it was already past eight o'clock, LOL!

While waiting for my meal, I happened to notice my paper place mat...

... then the decor...
 Then I went outside to take a photo of the place...


A Coca-cola inspired diner... they even have a lot of coke knick-knacks on coke-shaped shelving...

 
  

My meal came at last... 8'oclock Chicken... then I realized why it is named so... the sauce is made with eight o'clock orange juice, a coca-cola product. Nothing special really, just tasted like regular grilled boneless chicken (supposed to be marinated with eight o'clock orange juice, but mine was a bit dry, maybe overcooked), with potato wedges, steamed vegetables, a slice each of tomato and cucumber, and a sprig of parsley for garnish.
My friend's meal... Chicken Amigo... same grilled chicken, but with an herb sauce, and he chose mashed potatoes as his side dish.
Would I come back to this diner?... hmmm, maybe... if I was in the area.  The items on their menu are a bit pricey (est. P250+/meal)... but I'd like to try their Sarsi Fish n' Chips and their Sarsi Wings.  Aside from chicken dishes, they also have soups, burgers, pastas, seafood and other meat dishes, dessert and sodas.  I'm not fond of sodas though...so there.

The Real Thing Diner
2/F IL Terrazzo, 305 Tomas Morato cor. Sct. Madrinan
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Click The City Review of this diner
Enroute's Review of this diner

No comments:

Post a Comment